Man, what a night....i could only describe it as toxic, lol. My feet hurts from standing all shift long, i have a nasty headache but, there's a big but- it was a neat experience for me. My shift started with a triple 7- that means a resus, about 5 minutes later the 'burnt electrical smell' and a misty haze just elevated our concern and we had a fire evacuation, an actual one and not practice! so we had to shift our patients- bed and all outside the hospital, we were locked down for how long, shifted up to another ward and had admissions coming shortly after. About an hour trying to settle into our new environment where we spent half the time figuring out where is kept where....we had another 777. Great, our night is turning into custard. We kept it tight though, was a great team effort. I feel good, it feels good to save lives.
Even though we all were knackered and just ready to hit the pillow and snore- which will be me in a matter of minutes- i enjoyed it, the experience and how all of us nurses just jelled in together- we all automatically did what we have to do. I realized that teamwork is essential. We were like a bunch of bees, caught in the madness and yet chaotically organized, if that makes any sense at all. I was wondering how this could be like a sneak peek if a natural disaster occur (heaven forbid) but yeah, it was a bit like that.
Anyway, i have off loaded well enough....and the mattress is calling out to me, Oooh a snuggle into my soft, warm duvet. A well deserved sleep is on it's way.
Ta-ta!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, thanks for your feedback- I truly appreciate that you took the time to comment. Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...