Op shops

My, do i have a plan for these! 
Been busy lately with DIY'ing my small, humble home...the vintage plates on my wall are getting plenty of compliments with friends wanting to give me more vintage plates ! :) how lovely is that? i have added another yellow, floral one & i think i have yet a space for another smaller bread n' butter plate. Hmm, so, so loving it! i tremendously enjoy going to second-hand and curiosity shops- hunting for really nice vintage items which i use for my crafts but i noticed that there isn't much doilies and frames as they used to have and the prices have crept up- even for op-shops.
I suppose the recession brought about the current trend for re-cycling and re-purposing stuff that would have been normally thrown away or even sneered at, remember those days? when op-shopping were only for those who have empty pockets (no sarcasm intended...)? now when i go do my rounds in these shops i sometimes raise both brows when obvious well-to-do ladies or teens stroll in for a looksie...the first thing in my head is- competition (chuckle..), so my eyes make a quick sweep down of the place before anyone else gets to them...ha,ha,ha. Finders keepers, mi'cherie', finders keepers. i feel the adrenaline rush, Lol.
See, the beauty of op-shopping is the pleasure of buying valuable stuff (or potentially valuable) for next to nothing + the bits and bobs that exude with character- old world, retro or vintage charm. There's something about them that is so romantic, so bohemian. Some are just plain pretty plus, plus- they kind of cure my shopping itch, Lol, a lot! i could spend as little as $30 & i can be happy as a bird with a fry.
And because i am into crafting, i always see the potential in items, even the worn out ones. Sometimes they are the best, the worn out ones. ATM, i am keeping busy with making fabric notebooks :) they are pretty indeed and so excited for my ETSY shipment which i hope will arrive soon. I bought some craft items & i can't wait! especially for that alpha rolling stamp, sigh...it feels like Christmas!
Well, that's my blah for the day- hey, have a good one!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, thanks for your feedback- I truly appreciate that you took the time to comment. Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...